"A CHRIST-CENTERED & FRIENDLY ROMAN CATHOLIC COMMUNITY"
Welcome to Christ The King Catholic Church, located near historic downtown High Point, NC. We are a growing and active Catholic community with a long and culturally diverse history. From our humble beginnings as a mission church to serve the African-American Catholics in 1940, our parish has grown to be a vibrant witness to the Gospel of Life.
Sunday Eucharist is the heart of our parish community as it gives us life, strengthens us and calls us to holiness. We are committed to Catholic education and teaching of our faith through our Youth ministry and in our lifelong Faith Formation Program.
Our parish will proudly celebrate our 75th anniversary on November 20, 2016. If you are new to the area, we hope that you will soon find a home with us. We look forward to welcoming you at our worship and fellowship.
1. Novena to Christ the King for 75 Yr. Jubilee celebration has already started. Please read the Mass Schedule in the Bulletin. Just to remind you that we have healing mass on Friday November 18th at 7:00pm. Please come and receive God’s blessings.
- Next Sunday November 20th is our parochial 75 yr. Jubilee celebration. The Mass schedule is at 9:30am, and 11:30am. Bishop Jugis will celebrate the Mass and confer the Sacrament of Confirmation to our Children.
- Thank you for all the donations of nonperishable food items. Please continue to donate nonperishable foods. The nonperishable food will be distributed to food Pantry on Saturday, the 19th of November.
- We sincerely thank all the donors who have generously contributed towards the purchase of a new tabernacle which will be here before the Bishop comes. We changed to a new bigger tabernacle from what we previously announced, due to the inside diameter was too small. Please continue to donate generously for the glory of the Lord to cover the balance.
- Thank you very much to the people who accompanied us to enter the Holy Doors at St. Pius X Church in Greensboro.
- Thank you very much to everyone who attended the whole day Holy Eucharistic Adoration on Friday, November 11th.
- We thank Aron for painting the stripes on the parking lot. Also, we want to thank the First Year Confirmation Children Andy Gomez, Nick Gomez, Kevin Rodriquez, Angie Rodriquez, Andrew McAdoo, Bryan Zepeda, Mr. Zepeda, Ms. Rodriquez who cleaned up the Church property of trash, especially around the fence line on Monday afternoon. We, the congregation, appreciate their work for the Jubilee Celebration of Christ the King Church.
- We greatly thank and appreciate the anonymous parishioner who generously donated the Stations of the Cross in honor of the Jubilee Celebration.
- We wish to thank Mr. Burke who provided the printed invitations and novena prayer cards for our Church’s Feast. To all the Knights of Columbus Members of our Church and to those of the IHM Church.
- This Sunday, Nov. 13th, the Mass schedule is at 9:30am in English, and 11:30am in Bilingual. We have Holy Eucharistic Procession immediately after 9:30am Mass and Benediction after the procession at the Church.
- Next Sunday there is a second collection for the Human Development Catholic Program.
- Please join us today after the benediction for refreshments.
- For our 75th anniversary, November 20th, we would like everyone to bring your traditional ethnic food. Please bring enough for your family and for two other families. Above all come out to celebrate our Church’s Jubilee. Any questions please call Nancy (336) 210-1930.
- On Nov. 13th and Nov. 20th, the City of High Point has given us permission to park our cars in their facility opposite our Church. Park only on the grass areas and DO NOT BLOCK the entrance. Thank you for cooperating with the City’s request.
- There will be no Mass at 12:30pm and at 3:00pm on Sunday, November 13th and the 20th.
- All 2016 Confirmation students and their sponsors must be at the church at 10:30am on Nov. 20, 2016. If you have any questions please see Mary Ann Graham. There will be no Faith Formation classes until Dec. 4, 2016. Children and their parents must attend weekly Sunday Mass and students must check in with the Faith Formation coordinator after each mass for mass attendance. Your child may not receive their sacraments if they’re not counted at each weekly mass for this Faith Formation year.
For all other important announcements, please see the bulletin