Welcome to Christ The King Catholic Church, located near historic downtown High Point, NC. We are a growing and active Catholic community with a long and culturally diverse history. From our humble beginnings as a mission church to serve the African-American Catholics in 1940, our parish has grown to be a vibrant witness to the Gospel of Life.
Sunday Eucharist is the heart of our parish community as it gives us life, strengthens us and calls us to holiness. We are committed to Catholic education and teaching of our faith through our Youth ministry and in our lifelong Faith Formation Program.
Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
St. Paul says in the second reading of this Sunday that we groan within ourselves with the desire to give birth to the Kingdom. Paul uses the image of labor pains. A woman in labor experiences her whole being concentrated on giving birth. In the same way, to give birth to the Kingdom, we focus and groan from our inner depths. We want to make God’s Kingdom a reality in the world.
God gives us all that we need, the Word. The Word of God has the power to transform our lives and the world into the Heavenly Kingdom. It is not enough to say “I want to be part of the Kingdom.” It is not enough to say “I want to be united with Christ.” We have to use the powerful gift of the Word. Therefore, we need to be good soil in which the Word can grow and bear fruit. If we open our hearts to the Spirit, we can become good soil that returns to the Lord more fruit than we could ever imagine.
May God bless us all!
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Even though we have been allowed to have Mass indoor, we consider to have three outdoor Masses (in the front yard of our church) every weekend until further notice:
*Saturday Vigil: 5:00pm
Please bring your own chairs or we can provide chairs for you. When you come please practice social distancing.
Please also remember:
1. Please remember that the date for our parish RCIA candidates to receive the Sacraments of Baptism and Confirmation will be next Sunday July 19 at 11:00am Mass.
2. The date for First Communion for children will be Sunday August 09 at 9:30am and 11:00am Masses. All these Masses will be held outdoors.
3. The date for our children confirmation this year will be Thursday August 20 at 6:00pm as scheduled with Bishop Peter Jugis. The celebration will be held in the parish center with limited attendance. All the confirmands and sponsors must be at church at 5:30pm to prepare for the celebration.
4. Following NC State executive orders requiring the wearing of face masks in public, we urge you to wear a face mask whenever you come to church. Please do the best to ensure the safety of others. Thank you!
5. If you need to go to confession, please call and make an appointment with Fr. Joe. Confessions will be heard in the church sanctuary.
For all other important announcements, please see the bulletin
1505 MLK Jr. Dr.
High Point, NC 27260