Welcome to Christ The King Catholic Church, located near historic downtown High Point, NC. We are a growing and active Catholic community with a long and culturally diverse history. From our humble beginnings as a mission church to serve the African-American Catholics in 1940, our parish has grown to be a vibrant witness to the Gospel of Life.
Sunday Eucharist is the heart of our parish community as it gives us life, strengthens us and calls us to holiness. We are committed to Catholic education and teaching of our faith through our Youth ministry and in our lifelong Faith Formation Program.
Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
The story of the Canaanite woman in the gospel of Matthew this Sunday is perhaps relevant to the people of faith nowadays as arguments continue among them that who is in and who is out of the Kingdom of God, who is saved and who is not.
From our faith we are confirmed that God’s mercy and love is available to all as the Lord said through prophet Isaiah in the first reading today: “My house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples.” The Messianic Kingdom is extended not only for the Jews but for all peoples as well. That is at the heart of the gospel passage. Jesus Christ will not exclude anyone from God’s love and mercy. But those who think that they are more blessed by the Lord than others, or that their race or their ethnic background is more blessed by the Lord than others, should remember that the tables have been turned. The Canaanite woman, a Gentile, has received the blessing of God. Christianity is not the key to the Kingdom, but rather how well we live out the Gospel is that we will be judged at the end of time.
May God continue to bless and protect us all!
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Even though we have been allowed to have Mass indoor, we consider to have three outdoor Masses (in the front yard of our church) every weekend until further notice:
*Saturday Vigil: 5:00pm
Please bring your own chairs or we can provide chairs for you. When you come please practice social distancing.
Please also remember:
1. Please join us to welcome Deacon Emmanuel Ukattah into our parish community. Rev. Mr. Ukattah has been assigned by Bishop Peter Jugis to serve our parish as a deacon. You may contact him at 336-954-6939.
2. Our children will receive Confirmation this Thursday August 20 at 6:00pm. The celebration will be held in the parish center with limited attendance. Only the confirmation candidates, parents and sponsors are allowed to participate.
3. Please remember that the confirmation practice will be this Sunday August 16 at 12:15pm in the parish center. Confirmation candidates and sponsors must be present. Thank you!
4. Our food pantry will begin serving the hungry in High Point next month. Please bring food items listed on the food bags to church. Without your help we may not be able to serve others. Thank you!
5. If you need to go to confession, please call and make an appointment with Fr. Joe. Confessions will be heard in the church sanctuary.
For all other important announcements, please see the bulletin
1505 MLK Jr. Dr.
High Point, NC 27260