Welcome to Christ The King Catholic Church, located near historic downtown High Point, NC. We are a growing and active Catholic community with a long and culturally diverse history. From our humble beginnings as a mission church to serve the African-American Catholics in 1940, our parish has grown to be a vibrant witness to the Gospel of Life.
Sunday Eucharist is the heart of our parish community as it gives us life, strengthens us and calls us to holiness. We are committed to Catholic education and teaching of our faith through our Youth ministry and in our lifelong Faith Formation Program.
Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
From the parable of the vineyard workers of this Sunday’s gospel we can see that belonging to the Kingdom of God is not a matter of how long to be in the Church or how long to work in the vineyard of the Lord, but rather how to use all the blessings and gifts one has received in order to serve the Lord and others in the Kingdom.
God sees the individual effort and then rewards this effort generously. “For many are called, but few are chosen”. The “chosen ones” are those who respond to God’s call perfectly. They are the ones willing to do the will of God, to live out their faith actively in word and deed.
It is not right to compare ourselves with others. It is wrong to say that I am better than others or I am not as good as others. No, each of us is created to be unique reflections of God’s wisdom and love. God made us for His purpose; therefore, we need to do our best with God’s grace to build up the Mystical Body of Jesus our Lord.
May God bless us all!
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Even though we have been allowed to have Mass indoor, we consider to have three outdoor Masses (in the front yard of our church) every weekend until further notice:
*Saturday Vigil: 5:00pm
Please bring your own chairs or we can provide chairs for you. When you come please practice social distancing.
Please also remember:
Please enjoy this musical offering from our Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul:
1. There is a second collection this weekend for Priests retirement and benefits (ushers, please come forward to take up the second collection). Our parish assessment for this year is $3,088. Please consider our responsibility to support generously the priests who have served faithfully the people of God. Thank you!
2. With sadness we inform you the passing away of Helen Hedge. Helen and her husband, Jones Hedge, were long time and very active members of our church. Please keep them and their family in your prayers.
3. If you consider becoming a Catholic or being received into the Catholic Church, the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) class is for you both in English and Spanish. Please register and the class with start next Sunday right after 9:30am Mass.
4. Please read the inserted food bank report from our parish’s food pantry ministry. Please consider following the instructions written in the report. This month we bring food to 25 families. Thank you.
5. If you need to go to confession, please call and make an appointment with Fr. Joe. Confessions will be heard in the church sanctuary.
For all other important announcements, please see the bulletin
1505 MLK Jr. Dr.
High Point, NC 27260